The Model 1205CXA is the choice of the CATV and other coaxial industries.
It features a sub-nanosecond pulse width that is able to identify and locate very small faults in cable and cable components. The sub-nanosecond pulse width is ideal for locating faults which cause micro-reflections that interrupt digital signals. It can locate previously undetected or unsuspected faults that occur only at high frequencies.
The 1205CXA is used primarily for fault finding but it can also be used for measuring lengths of cable. This can be helpful for checking incoming reels or to determine how much cable is left on a partial reel.
Other applications include Power, Broadcast, 2-Way, LAN, Cellular, Avionics, and other industries using metallic paired cable.
- Range Plus - Two button operation that allows the operator to quickly scan the cable under test while automatically stepping through a specific pulse width, vertical gain, and cable length.
- Sub-nanosecond Pulse Width - Pinpoint minor faults which interrupt digital services and cause signal loss, ingress and egress.
- Intermittent Fault Detection (IFD) - Monitor and locate hard-to-find intermittent faults using the IFD mode.
- Dual Independent Cursors - Measure between any two points on the wave-form.
- Super-Store Waveform Data Storage - Helps reduce downtime in a system. Simply connect the TDR, press "store", and have the system back up and running within minutes. Analyze the waveform later.
- Waveview Software - Upload waveforms to your computer. Document before accepting new plant, save money when comparing replacement versus repair cost.
- Rugged, Waterproof Packaging - Helps to keep the 1205CXA on the job, regardless of location or climate condition.
- Easy-to-use - Logical, step-by-step testing for fault location and diagnosis. Easy-to-use by all levels of expertise.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONSPhysical Dimensions:
Height: 9.75 inches (247.6 mm)
Width: 10.5 inches (267 mm)
Depth: 5 inches (127 mm)
Weight: 6 pounds (2.7 kg)Power Battery:
Internal, rechargeable, 7.2V Nickel metal hydrideCharging Source:
External 12 VAC transformer, 1,3 AOperating Time:
Greater than 6 hours, continuous without backlightEnvironmental:
Oper. Temp: -20°C(-4°F) to +550C(+131 OF) Typical Temp: -15°C(+5°F) to +60°C(+140°F) Storage Temp: -20°C(-4°F) to +60°C(+140°F) Humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensingDisplay:
320 x 240 dot matrix liquid crystal display (LCD) with cathode fluorescent (CFL) backlightingMaximum Ranges
63,700 ft. (19,400 m) at .990 VOP 51,500 ft. (15,500 m) at .800 VOP
Range varies with VOP Maximum testable cable length varies with pulse width and cable type.Horizontal Resolution:
up to 2,000 ft. (610 m):Vertical Resolution:
14 bits w/170 dots displayed Vertical Sensitivity: Greater than 65 dBOutput Connector:
Front panel female BNCVelocity of Propagation:
Two user-selectable display formats. BOP(%) with 3 digit precision ranging from 30% to 99.9%; V/2 with 4 digit precision ranging from 45.8 to 148.9 meters mode or from 148 to 487.9 in feet mode.Input Protection:
400 volts (AC+DC) from DC to 40OHz and decreases to 10 volts at 1 MHz.Distance Accuracy:
Accuracy will vary with cable VOP and cable type. +/- .1 ft.(.03 m) plus +/- .01% of reading.Serial 1/0 Port:
Selectable output pulse widthsAuto dBRL:
2 digit auto return loss calculation at cursor settingWaveform Storage:
each with full vertical resolution
Standard: 4, 8 and 16 waveforms Optional: 8, 16 and 32 waveformsFiltering:
Automatic/Manual Noise Filter:
Standard: Two averaging filters
Optional: Multi-function/Multi-level filteringStandard Accessories:
Operator's manual, shoulder strap, battery charger and pack, noise filters, connectors, Waveview for Windows software, clip-on accessory bag.Optional Accessories:
Additional waveform storage, multifunctional/multi-level noise filtering, strand hooks kit, 12V cigarette lighter charger, custom soft-side carry case, extended warranty.ISO 9001 REGISTERED